Why PrimeMD at Cambridge Village?
- Their focus is on me – my health, my nutrition, my lifestyle. Working with me one-on-one, PrimeMD at Cambridge Village will provide comprehensive care that focuses on the prevention of future illnesses.
- They will be proactive in helping me implement changes that will result in better overall health and functioning at peak performance.
- Knowledge, Skill, Experience.
- Convenient location within Cambridge Village
On-site services include…
- Care and management of common medical issues such as hypertension, high cholesterol, thyroid and heart disease, arthritis, COPD/asthma & diabetes
- Hands-on pain management
- Joint injections
- Trigger band injections
- Bracing & equipment
- Laboratory testing
- Cardiac monitoring
- Sleep studies
- Prescribing and dispensing of medications
Medicare acceptance. In network with 97% of private insurances.
Call us today to schedule an appointment and discover why PrimeMD at Cambridge Village should be your choice for comprehensive primary care – 919.363.2080
Meet the Team…
Dr. Joseph Jacob Hummel
As a former collegiate athlete, a husband and father, Dr. Hummel graduated with honors from UNC-Chapel Hill in 1998 where he was also a nationally ranked heavyweight wrestler.
After medical school, Dr. Hummel completed his residency at the Mayo Clinic in Family Medicine, with a clinical focus on sports medicine, anti-aging medicine, and medical informatics. While serving as Assistant Medical Director of Nash Hospital’s Emergency Care Center, he was named Physician of the Year in both 2009 and 2012.
Dr. Hummel, his wife Shelley and daughter Sophie, are active in their church and enjoy exercise as well as working on their family farm.
Dave Comer PA-C
An undergraduate of the University of South Carolina, Dave completed his medical training at Western University of Health Sciences in Chico, California and has been practicing medicine since 2001, and especially enjoys geriatrics. Prior to joining PrimeMD at Cambridge Village, Dave was the sole Physician Assistant in a busy Internal Medicine Practice.
His wife, Denise, is a Professor at Duke University as well as a published author. When not practicing medicine, Dave enjoys hiking with his family, cheering on his 3 sons at their athletic events, and playing in his rock and roll band.
Emiley Ringenbach PA-C
A recent graduate of Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences University (MCPHS University), I am excited to be a part of the Prime MD and Cambridge Village team. Getting to know residents and helping them to be proactive about their health is my primary goal.
My husband, Jay, is a Combat Engineer for the Marine Corps located at Camp Lejeune. We live in Sneads Ferry with our two dogs and cat. I enjoy spending my free time walking on the beach, hiking with my husband and dogs, adventuring in downtown Wilmington. I’m also currently learning about gardening.